‘Spring’ it up with white
White is the new black. It is hard to imagine a wardrobe without white during this time of the year. It is elegant, sexy and simple, all depending upon how you wear it. Yes, it is high maintenance than the usual all black ensemble but it is a fairly simple trend to follow if you get some basics right.
Your contemporaries might call it cutting edge when women boldly go forth in white without adhering to the fashion rules. But hey! Only a traditionalist will follow fashion rules. Create your own fashion and ‘paint the town white.’ We have listed a few essential ways to wear white this spring, 2013. Have a look...
1. Pair them right: For those unsure of how to wear white or scared of experimenting with your look, don’t dive into the trend, stick to basics. Pair your white top with pastel coloured pants, trousers or jeans. These combinations always work and are spring trend friendly.
Being a fashionista and keeping up with the latest collections, you must try the the fabric of the season 2013, which is lace. It looks pure and elegant in white, like at Roberto Cavalli. Team a white lace top with skirt or jeans to liven up your weekend date.
2. Don’t hesitate to mix textures and fabrics to create a contrast. A sheer top will go really well with a white skirt or pants. And preferably after dark, avoid structured styles and sharp silhouettes. Flaunt the soft, floaty fabrics for the daytime. Designers such as Rebecca Taylor loved the look of a peek of skin through sheer white. Her Spring 2013 version is layered under a white jumpsuit for a cute white-on-white look.
3.Keep it simple: Don’t go overboard jazzing up your white outfit with too many details and patterns. Though ruffles and bows feminise a garment, and is a hot trend this spring, you have to be careful in picking the right one. Invest in a basic, well-fitted white skirt, a simple pair of linen or cotton pants. The only way to maximize the full potential of wearing the colour white is to highlight the simplicity---not underplaying it.
4. Keep your makeup minimal: Wear minimal make-up for a fresh spring look. Dark, kohled eyes and heavy make-up will take away from the fresh appeal of white. The idea is to look natural under the blazing hot sun.
5. You may cringe at the thought of silhouetted clothing but in white you may be amazed at the look. Try a silhouetted top which has the potential to look sexy and sophisticated at the same time.
6. Don’t overdo your look with accessories: Even if you would like to add gold cuffs, statement earrings or brightly coloured pumps to boost up your look, don’t stress too much into it. Be warned: The ‘light’ feeling of an all-white ensemble will vanish the moment you embellish it with heavy accessories. After all, you don’t want to take people’s eyes away from your stunning white outfit, right? Don’t sulk if your all white outfit isn’t shiny. You can add metallic touches in the form of accessories (white is a natural complement for silver and gold accents.).
7. Last but not the least, look for cold shoulders, illusion pieces at the neckline and sides, even cutouts on the sides to keep up with spring 2013 fashion.