10 unique ways to style a scarf!
One would often roll their eyes on the idea of wearing a scarf in numerous ways and then simply wrap the scarf by hanging one end at the back and one in the front!
India, being a hot country, scarves are not worn often by Indians and even if they do, there are not much variations used by people in draping a scarf. Do not neglect this vital accessory. It could really elevate a plain look and add statement to your clothes. From celebrities to models, from ramp walks to fashion magazines, you would find scarves sported everywhere, fashionably.
They are available in multiple sizes and patterns. Opt for thin, translucent and colorful scarves for summers while woolen knit, thick and dark scarves for winters.
Here are some unusual and beautiful ways to wear a scarf.
1. The Infinity – Use a long scarf like a duppata. Tie their ends in a knot. You should have a round loop. Twist the loop twice around your neck and you are now wearing a self-made infinity scarf. A scarf could be worn the same way, if it is already in a loop fashion.
2. The hood – This is especially for winter, when you don’t have a beanie to protect your ears from those chilly winds. Take an Infinity scarf or make your own with the explanation above. Once you have worn the scarf with double loops, pull one end from behind on your head and it will make a hood to cover your ears, easily.
3. The Turtle Neck - Take a shorter scarf, roll it around your neck until there is no more room left and tuck the ends inside the rolled scarf. Pair a light colored scarf with your summer dress and you will notice the difference, yourself.
4. The European loop – Fold your scarf in to half and hang it on your shoulders. You should have a loop at one side and two ends on the other. Pull out the two ends from the loop and tighten it. This is how the Europeans wear it often. A muffler scarf, works the best with this style.
5. The braid – Wear your scarf in the European loop. Stretch the loop and twist it. Pull out the ends from the second loop again. It’s basically doing the European loop twice by twisting the loop. The final result would look like a braid.
6. The Necklace – Take a short scarf. Keep twisting it until it looks like a rope. Wrap it around your neck and tie a small knot on either the left or right shoulder. Hide the knot, beneath the scarf. Wear this style with spaghetti straps.
7. The X – Take a medium length scarf, the size of a stole and hang it on your shoulders. Cross both the ends and take them behind, cross again and pull them ahead. Once both the little ends are on the front, pull them out from their each individual loops. (Left end from the left loop that is formed on the left side and the same with the end on the right side.) A Pashmina works the best with this style.
8. The Tie - Hang the scarf on your shoulders and take the right end, roll it would the left end and pull it out from the loop, just like you do when you tie a tie. However, instead of a triangular knot, which we form in a tie, you would have a nice square knot with your scarf. Fluff the knot to make it bigger.
9. The triangle – A Keffiyeh scarf looks the best for this fold. Take a square scarf and fold it in to a triangle. Wear it like a duppatta, with the pointed part in the front and ends at the back. Bring forward the ends and hide them under the triangle that is formed. Voila!
10. The Celebrity – An animal print scarf looks the best with this style. Wrap the scarf around your neck twice. You can go messy with this wrapping. Tuck both the ends on the opposite sides.
Try scarves of different styles and fabrics to experiment which style works and looks the best with which kind. If used wisely, scarves can become a great source for compliments and admiration of your sense of fashion.