Sheetal Agarwal - Business owner of Mahamaya Kitchen Hub
Managing home responsibilities, taking care of children and elderly family members and at the same time managing a retail business is not an easy task. Recently we interacted with one such super woman who does it all with a smile, Sheetal Agarwal - Business owner of Mahamaya Kitchen Hub.
1. How would you describe yourself in a sentence?
I am a confident, fun loving and easy-going homemaker and a business woman.
2. Tell us about your business Mahamaya Kitchen Hub? When did you start working?
Mahamaya Kitchen Hub is a retail outlet of kitchenware, designed in a manner which makes shopping easy and comfortable. The showroom houses stainless steel utensils, crockeries, kitchen appliances and accessories. We house all the top brands in each category. We started the outlet nearly 5 years back.
3. What are some of the challenges which you face in your business?
We have grown primarily through word of mouth with close to nil publicity. The challenge we face is to keep our regular customers engaged with us and to provide them with best possible deals. Growth of online platforms is also a challenge for us.
4. Did you get any support from family or friends to start and run your business?
My biggest support is my husband and my in-laws, without whom I would not have reached here.
5. Apart from work what do you do in your spare time?
I love to spend time with my family and also love to remain connected with my family and relatives on phone. I also like to engage in Art of Living activities. They provide me inner strength and peace.
6. What are your plans to grow your business?
We are happy to keep growing through excellent word of mouth. We keep organising various activities like exchange offers, referral program, cooking, baking and mocktail workshops.
7. What are some of your best-selling items?
All our products are regularly used in every household. We have seen that customers are gradually moving back to stainless steel products. There is also regular demand for new designs of crockery sets and dinner sets. Cooktops and Chimneys are regularly demanded by people renovating their kitchens.
8. Which area of your work do you enjoy the most?
I like speaking to my customers, as most of them are home makers and we connect well.
9. Any suggestion or words of advice for fellow business women?
Always be fair and honest in your dealings. Everything will follow thereafter.
10. If someone wants to check out your products, how can they contact you?
I welcome all to visit our showroom at Kankurgachi. I can be contacted at 96817 85479. Our products are also listed in www.mahamayahub.com and Just Dial. We are also active on facebook (mahamayakitchenhub) and twitter (@mahamayakitchen).
11. Are you Glad to be a woman? If so, how?
Yes I am proud to be a woman. I skilfully balance my family needs as well as my business responsibilities. It’s a blessed feeling to be a woman.