Looking good and feeling fab with Abhilasha Mehta!
One of the most sought-after fashion bloggers of contemporary times, Abhilasha Mehta owns the blog Looking Good Feeling Fab that is soaring high on popularity. Let's hear more from her :
1. How would you describe the "woman" Abhilasha Mehta in 3 words?
Eternal optimist, big dreamer, Simple soul
2. What drew you to the world of fashion blogging?
I have always loved glamour, fashion and all the finer things in life. I also seemed to enjoy writing, not that I claim to be any good at it, but it has a therapeutic effect on me. A blog seemed to be the perfect amalgamation of my passions.
But most importantly, I had just had my daughter and I wanted to create something that she could look back at years later. Maybe it will help her get to know her mother a little better or maybe it will give her a chance to have a big hearty laugh. Either way, I wanted to do this for her.
3. What according to you are the most rewarding aspects of being a fashion blogger?
It has given me immense confidence, which is something that had always been missing from my life. On occasion, I still find myself looking for the closest desk to duck under, but those occasions have surely become few and rare.
4. Looking Good Feeling Fab is already a huge hit amongst fashion-lovers. Where do you see it five years down the line?
Well, thank you so much, I do feel super special when you say that. In the future, I would like lookinggoodfeelingfab to become a very positive inspiring and beautiful resource for women. I would want it to be a place where the hopeless can find hope and where the hopefuls can find motivation.
5. What is your personal style statement?
I would say classic, simple and elegant. I sometimes think I should have been born in the 50's, I think I would sleep in pencil skirts and corsets :)
6. Fashion blogging is almost a rage now. How do you think your blog is different?
Every individual is different. Lookinggoogfeelingfab is uniquely me, I guess that makes it different.
7. Share the highs and lows of fashion blogging that you might have experienced over the years.
I experience highs and lows everyday. Somedays 100 pageviews isa high and on others 100 pageviews isa low. Expectations keep changing, we keep aspiring for more, its a learning curve and you need to be patient to see things through.
8. What is your take on the considerably large number of women that are venturing into fashion blogging in current times?
I think its lovely. There is enough room for all of us to work collaborate and see success. Each person has their own take on style and fashion, so its fun to experience different views. The same dress could be interpreted in different ways by different people and that is so much fun. So, yes, I think the more the merrier.
9. What does woman empowerment mean to you?
Freedom to pursue your dreams and live life to the fullest.
10. Are you glad to be a woman? Why?
Yes I am. It has given me a chance to be a daughter, a sister, a mother, a friend, a nurturer, a teacher, a giver.. It has given me a chance to love and to be loved. But most importantly its given me so many choices..dresses, skirts, saris, heels, flats..endless choices.