Follow the footsteps of fashion-blogger Megha Varshini for budget-friendly style!
A self-confessed "shopaholic", "fashion-addict" and a "creative bee", Megha Varshini is quite a name to reckon with, when it comes to the domain of fashion blogging. At 26, she is out on her mission to guide fashion-lovers to nail it in style, that too, without burning a hole in pockets! Read on to hear more from her, about her :
1. How would you describe the woman, Megha Varshini?
Vivacious, confident and indomitable.
2. When and how did the blogging bug bite you? Tell us more about your blog Stilettos Diary.
The blogging bug bit me 2 years ago thanks to my iPhone. The numerous fashion apps got to me and I started following a lot of international blogs. Eventually, I started my own fashion blog. Stilettos Diary is a fashion and food blog for people on a budget.
3. What are the most rewarding perks of fashion blogging according to you?
It helps me relax. It is my creative outlet. So, I get to experiment a lot. I am also blessed. I got a chance to meet a lot a great people through my blog.
4. How has the sartorial world changed online due to fashion blogging? How do you aspire to contribute to it in the years to come?
There are millions of fashion blogs out there. Most brands look at fashion blogs to reach wider audience. I would like the blog to reach out to bigger audience.
5. What do you think are the challenges that fashion blogging involves, and that need to be overcome?
Since I am not a professional fashion blogger, I face the challenge of balancing my work, travel and blog schedule. Literally working 7 days a week and almost 15 hours in a day due to same.
6. What is your personal style statement? Share some fashion tip for this season, with our readers.
I love mixing prints. My style is quirky with a lot of print mixing.
Plaid, tartan is making a huge comeback this season. Leather, over-sized outwear. Add pink to your wardrobe, it is definitely the new black for this season.
7. Do you have any tip or advice for those that want to start a fashion blog or website?
Just love what you are doing and enjoy it.
8. How have you benefited from fashion blogging?
The benefits are endless, the best has been positive impact on my professional life.
9. What does woman empowerment mean to you?
For me, it means to stand up for myself. Responsibility to myself, refusing to let others do my thinking and talking.
10. Are you glad to be a woman? Why?
Yes of course! I am glad to be a woman. I believe as a woman you learn to adapt to situations. A woman embodies strength and compassion. It is a blessing to be a woman.